Here are assignments to work on. Remember that I'll post some new articles to read during the next couple of weeks.
Read the following brief history of the United Kingdom. I know it says that people have been there for 700,000 years, so just kind of ignore that. By the time you get to the Romans, you're on solid ground. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/england/history
Make sure you write your outline for your research paper. This should be a detailed outline, and if you're not sure what to do, please ask. I am going to ask to see these, and rewards will be based on this being completed. That means, even if I say that you get a candy if you completed 4 assignments, one of them will have to be this one!
Work on your country project for an hour/week (approximately). If you need suggestions, email me.
Watch CNN Student News.
Post about a news article. I'd like to also encourage you to read other students' posts and the articles they link to.
Read through the end of chapter 26 of North and South. If you're finding this book a little slow, you might want to watch the BBC miniseries, which is available on Netflix. This is not a substitute for reading, but it can help you get a sense of the characters and setting so that the book makes more sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment