Friday, January 4, 2019
Checks and Balances
It was really cool to learn about all the checks and balances of the different branches of government. In the video, Checks and Balances, he would say something about one of the branches and I would think “hey they have too much power!” But then he would keep talking about how a different branch can check that and then I’d realize they didn’t. I know the founding fathers must have been extremely smart and put a ton of thought into our Constitution, because it’s so well balanced. Mostly what I think came across in this video is that we the people are the ones in charge of the government, not the other way around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do you think that government should do what is best, or do what the people want?
ReplyDeleteWell most often the people who get put in the government positions have more knowledge and experience about that kind of stuff and would no what the right thing to do is more often. So we’re in charge of voting in a good people, and hopefully we do a good job picking, and then I think the government should be able to make the important decisions because they’re more experienced.
ReplyDelete