Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Gig Economy

I work for Rover, a dog watching gig, and my favorite part is that I am basically my own boss and can choose my hours and what dogs I want to watch and how much I want to charge. Gig economy helps encourage new and better services and new inventions as well as creating good, healthy competition. On the other hand, gigs can have disadvantages as well. The main one for me is that every time I have someone request my services I feel like I have to say yes. If I say no I feel like I am throwing money away so I say yes, even if I feel like I am going to explode next time I hear a dog whine.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent insight. I love that you are already a part of this economy so you can see the true advantages and disadvantages.

    ReplyDelete