Monday, January 28, 2019

We are free to be as awesome as we wish

 In my humble but honest opinion, the best economy for inventions is an entirely free market economy. I would use the United States as an example of this, but we actually aren't technically a free market economy. Big companies have much more of an edge because we are a capitalist economy. Those who have the most capital have the most opportunities handed to them on a silver platter. However, we are... kinda close to a free market. Not really, but kinda. Look at what we have, Apple, Google, Space X. Most of the biggest companies are in the United States. In a free market, people invent more because they are naturally inclined to make things better and cooler.

One of the most appealing parts of the Gig economy is the fact that I get to choose exactly what I do. This is a freedom I was introduced to in homeschooling, and it really appeals to me. The freedom to do what I want really encourages me to work harder, because it's not really work anymore. When I work a Gig, it's more of a game I get payed to play. The problem with the Gig economy though is that you have a much higher risk factor. You have to work a lot of Gigs in order to make a lot of money. The key to success in the Gig economy is covering a ton of niches (think of them like target markets) in one fell swoop. That way I get variation, and money.

1 comment: