Thursday, February 2, 2017

Once steady relations with Australia turned shaky.

Donald Trump, gotta love that guy, has decided to shake up America's long standing relationship with Australia.

The whole thing started with a phone call between Trump and Australia's prime minister Malcom Turnbull. From Turnbull's words it sounds like the relations are still "Rock steady." But Trump sent out a tweet saying "Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!" Obviously there is a little bit of a problem here. Some experts say that this may be a part of Trump's old business habits coming out, and they say that they will probably work.

The kind of funny part of this whole thing is that while Turnbull said that relations between the two countries are still good, he conveniently skipped over the fact that while they were talking on the phone, Trump hung up on him. Just have to end on a kind of funny note. The only reason it isn't funny is the fact that Trump represents us, and not everyone in America hangs up on important individuals. I have a couple times, but I try not to make it a habit.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=235&sid=43059323&title=ap-analysis-trumps-clash-with-australia-strains-alliance

2 comments:

  1. Caden, I love your humor. Do you know anything more about this deal with Australia? I read an article that claims that Australia has a law that prohibits anyone who isn't a citizen from living on the mainland, so they really don't take refugees unless they settle them on an outer island. I don't really know how much truth there is in it because it was from an obviously right-wing source. I'll have to do a little research on this. I just have to say though, if this is how we treat our friends now, I'm really worried for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're worried for us? Wow, two things. First, join the club. Second, Thank you! That's so sweet!

      I don't know a lot about the deal, in fact, I think you know more then me right now. There are a few articles on it but it is a little hard to find an unbiased one. I will have to take some time to study up on it.

      Delete