Friday, November 11, 2016

Would you rather base jump 2000 feet above the alps, or not?

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2016/11/11/zip-lining-alps-base-jumping-sfc-orig.cnn

Would you rather base jump off a zipline or not? I would personally not do that, of course, death is also a third option on any question when you play Would You Rather. Unfortunately, 300 people have taken that road, not on purpose of course, but simply because there is less time to pull the rip cord.

Here are a few things about parachutes, you need about 700 to 900 feet of free falling for the main chute to deploy after you pull the rip cord. The reserve chute is much faster at about 200 feet of free fall. Most base jumpers jump off buildings that are a little more than that height. Some base jumpers go to the extreme and jump from a 100 foot tall building. Not many live.

2 comments:

  1. I would rather never jump off of anything ever. As in, I don't want to jump off a one foot stair, so this is just terrifying.

    ReplyDelete