Thursday, November 17, 2016

Teen uses clay to fight ISIS

This teenager has decided to fight fire with water. He decided to re sculpt the statues and murals that ISIS destroyed. Good for you sir!

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2016/11/17/teen-sculpts-nimrud-artifacts-isis-destroyed-orig.cnn

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I will never understand why groups like ISIS set out to deliberately destroy art and architecture like that. I mean, it's not like that art was collateral damage because of bombings. They destroyed it by hand on purpose. I love the idea of recreating it as a statement against ISIS, and for a teenager to accomplish that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a known reason for them destroying their art. If you destroy a nations history or any representation of their history, they will forget it and be more likely to collapse as a nation.

      Delete
    2. Also, Evil men hate beautiful things. Quote from my mother dearest.

      Delete
  2. That kid is extremely talented! I wish Americans would learn the art of silent protesting. It definitely speaks louder than shouting crude words about people and lighting stranger's cars on fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As opposed to lighting our own cars on fire?;)
      I wish that would happen soon, but it doesn't show any sign of stopping now.

      Delete