Thursday, September 7, 2017
To say Hurricane Irma is chaos is an understatement. At least 9 deaths are blamed on Irma at this point. Hurricane Irma has hit Barbuda, among many other Caribbean islands, causing roofs to fly off and homes to be ruined. Reports say over 60% were left homeless. Another island Irma hit is called St Martin. St Martin was 95% destroyed. Hurricane Jose is expected to hit all the same islands Irma has already destroyed. Hurricane Irma is now headed for Florida, and some airlines (Delta, JetBlue, and I heard American) are offering cheaper prices for people evacuating the area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey all sorry for not alearting you guys earlier but my reason is the RV park we are staying at has super crappy WIFI
ReplyDeleteNice to hear from you again Levi! We sure hope to see you again soon!
ReplyDeleteAvonlea, I've heard that Irma will make landfall as a cat. 5 Hurricane, but other that that I've only really heard about Harvey, mostly because I have family down there. These numbers are pretty scary, especially for the islanders, because it's kind of hard to escape a hurricane by sea. I'm not as scared for Irma victims as I am hopeful. I sure hope that we can bounce back from these two hurricanes making landfall pretty quick.
Hopefully we can. Most of the islands that are getting destroyed belong to third world countries that do not have the kind of money it takes to repair that damage. I've heard they are going to be depending on charity and humanitarian groups a lot
ReplyDeleteI think Irma turned out to be a less powerful storm in the US than expected, but it was still so devastating, and those Carribean islands are in really rough shape.
ReplyDelete