Thursday, September 28, 2017

Ben Shapiro gives a "Burning" speech

Yes, I know this is my second post, but I didn't post last week so I had to make up for it.

Ben Shapiro, a conservative speaker known for using intense and fiery logic, gave a pretty intense political speech about discrimination in the US at the UVU. I thought it would be cool if we took a look at it and really thought about it. I listened to the speech part (Which is thirty minutes. The Questions section is an hour.) and I quite agree with a lot of what he says, but he is quite a fiery orator.

I'd like to hear what you guys think, but let's try and keep it calm. Some of us like josh can't have their feelings hurt, so just tone it down a bit on this one Emma. I know you can get a bit fiery when it comes to politics. ;) But in all honesty, I'd like to keep it at a "I agreed with this because of this" or "I didn't really agree with this part." Not things like "That @*!$&#^ is a !*#&%^#* @^#*!!!!!" (To keep things neutral there I just used random groups of symbols. They have no meaning, but you get the idea.)

Basically he used neutral sources to prove many things. Like how black people aren't being targeted by police because they're black and stuff along those lines.

This is the news article to give you a basic idea. https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45960741&nid=148&title=ben-shapiro-speech-draws-hundreds-of-protesters-and-supporters

This is the whole speech. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ifEqLN13A

Please comment if you want, and ask questions on how I feel about things if you want. I will answer ASAP.

3 comments:

  1. Haha ya Caden, i'm so sick of hurting Josh's sensitive feelings ugh XDXDXD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the same speaker who needed $600,000 of security when he spoke at UCBerkeley because protests against him were going to be violent. I'm glad it went more peacefully here. I'll try to find time to watch the whole video.

    ReplyDelete