Thursday, March 2, 2017

Sweden institutes draft for both men and women

 Okay folks, what do you think about this? Sweden has implemented a military draft for both men and women to help the border problems it is having. Sweden has traditionally been considered a "feminist" country and therefore decided to draft women as well as men.

Now, I realize that I sound like I am against this, and I kind of am, but here are my reasons. I don't think that men are above women, but I do believe that fighting is a mans job. In this case, if there's a man to do it, why force a woman to? I'm not saying that women shouldn't be able to join the army because they aren't capable of fighting, (just look at Avonlea) I'm saying that I believe men to be the protectors as is stated in the family proclamation. 

I'm not taking a "Macho" standpoint, I'm taking a defensive standpoint. I think that if a women wants to join the army and she doesn't have a family or friends to look after at home, she can volunteer on her own. But forcing women to fight is just wrong because it's taking the protectors of gentleness and virtue and putting them in a violent and impure environment.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=235&sid=43351395&title=sweden-institutes-military-draft-for-both-men-and-women

2 comments:

  1. I agree actually. I've always thought the idea that men and women should do the same things is stupid. Whether or not you believe in the gospel, it's scientifically proven that men are built bigger and carry more muscle. If two sides sent out the same number of soldiers to fight, the side with only men would be a lot more likely to win than the side with men and women. I don't think women should be unable to enlist, but if they enlist they're going to probably be more dedicated and they would train harder to catch up with the men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a draft fan in the first place, but I'm definitely not a fan of drafting women. Certainly women should be able to enlist, and they make a valuable contribution, but I do think it's fine to admit that when it comes to fighting, men have an edge. One thing I've heard is that when it comes to a crisis situation, the men on the front line have an instinctual pull toward protecting the women, so it's kind of unfair to put them all on the front lines together, thus possibly jeopardizing men who would try to save women at their own expense. I'm not sure how deep that problem is, but it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete