Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Energy+Trump
Trump has proposed a bill to repeal some environmental regulations put in place during Obama's presidency. Just kidding! He already did it through an Executive Order. Did I surprise anyone? XD The purpose is to help the economy create more jobs. There has been a lot of criticism though saying that this won't create jobs, and that we need to consider the environment.
I am against this EO. Not because I care about the environment though. I think that we really don't need to worry about pollution for the sake of the environment, but more for our own health. It is like breathing in poison. I also don't think that this will create many jobs. Mostly, because 1. Much of the coal industry is now becoming automated 2. The amount of jobs the coal industry provided before Obama's election was not significant for a law to be passed(only 125,000-200,000 jobs).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here is the obviously leftist article.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2017/03/trump_s_environmental_executive_order_is_as_stupid_as_it_is_damaging.html
Nice analysis Josh. This is one of those things that plays big to each side. When Obama signed his own EOs to create regulations, that played big to his constituency. Now that Trump is reversing, it plays big to the right. In reality, the benefit to the environment or the economy either way is pretty small. On the other hand, the power grab in signing EOs can be significant, so I wish they'd just stop it and expect Congress to do its job instead!
ReplyDeleteI wholeheartedly agree
Delete