A Georgia teacher threatened to shoot one of his students in the head. He said something along the lines of, "Dude, you mess with me you're gonna get in some ____ ____ trouble. That's how people like you get shot," all calmly, and the class was laughing like it was a joke, but then he said. "I've got a bet that by the time you're 21 someones gonna put a bullet through your head... and it might be me."
The teacher has been put on administrative leave as an investigation insues. The mother of the child that was threatened has started a petition to get the teacher fired.
I'm not sure why he isn't fired already. What are they investigating, whether he actually said it or not? We happen to have video evidence in the link below, so I don't know why he isn't fired at least.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2017/11/08/teacher-threatens-student-shot-orig-mg.cnn
So, just to twist things a little, what if in the video the teacher was demonstrating something--maybe how to act a particular scene or what it's like for someone to be threatening. What if the teacher was quoting something someone had said to him, and he's just telling the story to the class? I mean, I don't think that's what this is, but it's good to recognize that even when we have video/audio evidence, there are possible contexts in which things are not what they seem. I imagine this teacher won't be returning to the classroom because of this, but it's appropriate for the district to do some investigating before making it formal.
ReplyDelete