Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Taiwan bans slaughter of cats and dogs for food

This is a good day for animal lovers. Taiwan just passed a bill prohibiting the slaughter of cats and dogs for human consumption. The bill also prohibits people from hitching their pets onto motorbikes or cars to take them for walks.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39573426

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Who knew they needed a law like that? I mean, I know dogs are raised for food in some countries, but taking your pet for a walk hitched to your car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could understand making it illegal to walk your pet with your car, but dogs are probably a good source of food for some people. I don't really know a whole lot about the cultures, but from what I know that would be similar to making it illegal to killing cows. I also think that animals are just animals, and as long as you're not torturing them it's okay to kill them with a good purpose. Can you imagine seeing a car in your neighborhood moving slowly with a dog tied to it? That would be funny.

    ReplyDelete