Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Russian ambassador assassinated

Okay, so the Russian ambassador to Turkey was assassinated. Anyone care to take a guess at who was responsible? Supposedly ISIS.

I would post the link but the video is extremely disturbing and graphic. The only thing that you need to know is that the ambassador got shot and the killer stepped up to the mic waving his gun around shouting things along the lines of "Long live al-quaeda."

That's a great way to start the holidays. I will find something much happier to post as soon as possible.

2 comments:

  1. I said he yelled long live ISIS, but he actually yelled don't forget Allepo. That changes things a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you caught this story in the middle of the holidays. I heard it on the radio, but I haven't really been on the blog since our last class, so...I did a quick search and all the articles I'm finding are from December 19. I'm really surprised not to see more follow up on this. I'll have to take a closer look because this seems really significant in its potential impact in the world.

    ReplyDelete